Corporate Social Responsibility
At Bombardier, our corporate social responsibility journey is based on a long-term vision consisting of well-planned initiatives that are spearheaded by engaged employees and increasingly rooted in our daily operations.
We are committed to acting responsibly as a public company, employer, neighbour and partner. Our initiatives touch all aspects of our operations and are showing positive results.
- Over the last several years, we have taken steps to significantly reduce our water consumption, energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- The CSeries commercial aircraft will burn 20% less fuel and generate 20% less carbon dioxide emissions than other aircraft in its class.
- Our ever-expanding set of ECO4 energy-saving solutions enables rail operators to increase energy efficiency by up to 50%.
- We invest millions dollars in donations and sponsorships in the communities where we operate worldwide.
- Bombardier is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate citizenship initiative supporting ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour standards, environment and anti-corruption.
- Bombardier is listed as an index component to two Dow Jones Sustainability indexes tracking the leading sustainability-driven companies worldwide.
- Bombardier was recognized as one of the 10 Canadian Climate Disclosure Leaders in its category on the basis of its superior levels of transparency in the Carbon Disclosure Project 2008 – Canada 200 Report.
Visit our Corporate Social Responsibility website.